Shielded Twisted Pair Cable
Twisted pair cabling consists of two conductors of a single circuit, twisted together. This effectively cancels out interference and crosstalk from external sources. For instance, factors like electromagnetic radiation from unshielded UTP cables and crosstalk from other neighboring pairs are significantly reduced, making twisted pair cable an ideal solution for numerous connection and data transfer needs.
While twisted pair cable was invented many years ago, Hitachi Cable America takes advantage of state-of-the-art pair twist machinery, continuous quality control monitoring, and enhanced efficiency - Hitachi Cable America has spent years producing twisted pair cable that matches the rigorous specifications of today's high-tech applications. This has resulted in effective and reliable shielded twisted pair cable, carefully engineered for unmatched performance, ease of use, and flexibility in a wide range of applications.
Throughout the manufacturing process, twisted pair cable from HCA is drawn on its own copper conductor core. This process ensures that our bare copper is never exposed to air, contaminants, corrosion or handling damage. High frequency signals travel on the "skin" of the copper, providing optimum performance.
All cables are fully backwards compatible. Shielded twisted pair cables from Hitachi include:
Shielded Twisted Cable
- Category 7 Shielded Cables: For 10G Base-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet, single cable support for multiple applications (such as Ethernet, CATV, analog voice, and VOIP), and future applications like 40G and 100G
- Category 7A Shielded Cables: For applications requiring higher frequencies up to 1GHz
- Category 6 Shielded Cables: Voice, T1 fractional, up to 100Base-T4 Fast Ethernet, and more.
- Category 6a Shielded Supra 10G Cables: Advanced Cat 6a shielded cables with a small O.D. to allow for more cables per conduit.
- Category 5e Shielded Cables: Tested from 1 to 400Mhz and component compliant to TIA Category 5e Cable requirements for applications ranging from voice and T1 fractional to 1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet.
To learn more about shielded twisted pair cables from Hitachi Cable America, Contact your HCA representative today.