No open positions
Production Shift Supervisor, 2nd Shift (3pm to 11pm) - Manchester, New Hampshire
Production Shift Supervisor, 2nd Shift (3pm to 11pm)
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Location: Manchester, NH
The responsibilities of this position is to direct, coordinate and supervise the activities of manufacturing personnel in order to satisfy customer quality and on-time-delivery needs. Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, the individual assumes the responsibility for achieving production results in a manner that optimizes productivity and provides maximum return. Through a coordinated effort with others in the company, the individual will properly maintain the plant to ensure it is safe, clean and organized at all times. The Production Supervisor is expected to coordinate with their peer Production Supervisors to ensure that each shift has proper staffing coverage and follows the daily production schedule.
- Plans, organizes and directs assigned personnel to meet production schedules.
- Lead 5S activities encouraging operators to subscribe to 5S principles and procedures while ensuring operator work areas are maintained in accordance with 5S principles.
- Overseeing visual standard work boards in each operation reflecting shift health while taking countermeasures when daily goals are not met.
- Maintains awareness of and implements plant policies and procedures while taking an active role in enforcement.
- Oversee plant operations to ensure proper machine set-up, correct machine speeds, sample retention and the completion of process and/or quality sheets during each operation.
- Responsible to adhere to the daily Shift Supervisor Checklist of duties. (see attached)
- Observes, evaluates and corrects problems in manufacturing on a daily basis.
- Focus on scrap reduction and minimization efforts to achieve budget
- Proactively work in a cooperative manner with other departments (Production Control, Quality Control, Engineering, etc.) to ensure orders are completed on time.
- Reviews all job cards and operating procedures before and during manufacturing of the company’s products.
- Provides for the proper identification of rework, scrap and regular handling procedures.
- Train, teach and motivate employees regarding efficiency, productivity, cooperation and morale, while ensuring quality products are produced.
- Coordinate cross-training activities on a continuous basis to develop and create a multi-task and skilled workforce.
- Monitors areas for safety issues ensuring the correct PPE for the area or job are in use.
- Conduct shift turnover by reporting updated information and performing daily walk-through at shift transfer
- Observes safety procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
- Ensures clean working environment
- Regular attendance required and ability to work in excess of a 40-hour work week when necessary*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of plant machinery and equipment, including the identification of problems related to machine, equipment breakdown, and material quality
- Ability to train operators and personnel in the use and application of plant equipment
- Knowledge of 5S and JIT principles, Kanban’s and six sigma concepts.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to handle personnel problems related to quality, process sheets, job cards, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English orally and in written form
- Good math skills and above average mechanical aptitude necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- BS / AS degree or other progressive manufacturing supervisory experience. Cable experience a plus.
- Six Sigma experience with 1-3 years of a practicing background but not required.
- Experience in manpower scheduling of personnel and jobs assignments due to changing priorities, customer demands, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to exchange information with managers, employees, and co-workers
- Ability to maintain production schedule in accordance with targeted customer deadlines
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, transverse throughout entire facility/plant
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching
- Pushing and pulling motion of wire cable materials and reels when necessary
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination to handle machinery, materials, and parts.
- Must have visual acuity and ability to distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test to identify color-coded cables, products, and materials
- Able to lift, carry, relocate, move a minimum of 50 lbs of objects, materials, and/or product
- Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) safety headgear with shield and gloves when handling MEK and bander equipment
HCA reserves the right to change or revise functions and responsibilities as the need arises. HCA is an “at-will” employer and this document is not a written or implied contract of guarantee of employment.
Or Drop off resume to Human Resources at 900 Holt Avenue, Manchester NH 03109
To learn more about Hitachi Cable America Inc. please visit www.hca.hitachi-cable.com