Indoor/Outdoor Fiber Optic Composite Cables
Power+™composite indoor/outdoor cables are the solution for applications where remote power and network connectivity are required and distance may be a factor. Power+ composite cables utilize fiber optic strands to provide the link to the network and a pair of stranded copper conductors to deliver power. The different constructions of Power+ composite cables address the variety of applications on the market. Power+ composite cables are ideal for long distance PTZ camera installations, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), and Passive Optical Networks (PON). Power+ composite cables are available with a plenum rating (OFCP) which makes them suitable for a wide variety of environments.
Indoor/Outdoor Fiber Optic Composite Cable
- Choice of separate power conductors eliminates concerns associated with heat generation and length derating calculations as required by TIA 568 and NEC.
- Each 900µm buffered fiber resides in a 2mm subunit for easy termination to LC, SC connectors and more.
- Dry, super absorbent polymers (SAPs) eliminate water migration in cable interstices.
- Suitable for lashed aerial, duct underground conduit and indoor plenum applications.
- All multimode and singlemode cables (except OM1) utilize bend-insensitive optical fibers.
Designed for Long Distance Power over Ethernet (PoE) Applications
- High noise areas and extended distance
- Security CCTV Cameras
- Wireless Access Points
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- Passive Optical Networks (PON)
- Ideal for all remote powered applications
Fiber Distances by Application
(conventional), pre-QSFP Release
Fiber Distances & Loss Budgets by Application
(Based on QSFP Rev. 1 Specification Dec. 2006)
Understanding OM1, OM2, OM3, OS1 and OS2 Glass Types
Cable Design Allows Easy Termination and Wide Use
- UL Listed OFCP for use in plenum spaces
- OSP rating permits use in outdoor and wet environments
- Small outside diameters assist in installation
- Tight buffered (900 micron) optical fibers reside inside individual aramid yarn filled subunits
- Compatible with all LC and SC fiber optic connectors
- Fiber optic glass options include OM1, OM2, OM3, OM4, OM5 & OS2
- Mitigates temperature rise associated with cable bundles
|Overall Jacket||Flame-Retardant Thermoplastic|