Hitachi Heat Resistant Plastic Optical Fiber (POF)
1) There are 2 types of optical fiber, one is glass-based optical fiber and the other is plastic-based optical fiber.
|POF (Plastic)||Acrylic / Silicone||Fluorinated polymer|
2) POF has advantages against "metal cable" and "glass-based optical fiber".
|POF's advantages against metal cable||POF's advantages against glass-based optical fiber|
a) Wide bandwidth
b) Noise resistance
c) Explosion proof
d) Light weight
1) Transmission of large light intensity
3) Handling easy
4) Total cost down considering OP system
3) There are many advantages at POF, but it is weak for high temperature.
Hitachi manufactures heat resistant POF up to 150° C (300° F)
|Core||Core / OD||Attenuation||Wavelength||NA||Min. bending radius||Heat resistance @ 660nm|
|Acrylic||1.5 / 2.2||< 1.0 dB/m @ 660nm||660nm||0.65||20mm||130deg.C x 3000h|
|Silicone||1.5 / 2.2||< 1.0 dB/m @ 660nm||660nm||0.65||35mm||150deg.C x 3000h|