Flexible Self-Supporting Flat Cabling System for Medical and Semiconductor Clean-room Flexing Applications
- Step 1: Select the number of pod tubes for your cable (see Figure A)
- Step 2: Choose the cables components needed in each pod tube.
- Step 3: Add a self-supporting chain of the right radius if required.
- Step 4: Add tubes and end clamps (see Figure B)
- Step 5: Terminate connectors on individual cable legs and assembly is ready for use (see Figure C)
Build Your Own Cable
Semiconductor robotics cable or medical cable can be very expensive due to the long production lengths. Now, with the flexible flat cable systems, you can avoid the high costs and extra cable length by buying just the cable components you need and assembling the cable at your facility.
Having Hitachi Cable Configure & Construct a Custom Cable
Configuration & Assembly
ChannelFlex™ cabling solutions are not for everyone. For example, if a particular flat cable configuration will be used in long lengths or will consume thousands of feet of the same design, Hitachi Cable has a better solution for you - an Hitachi Cable factory laminated cable solution as shown in Figure D. The overall cost is lower and the configuration is dimensionally smaller than an equivalent flexible flat cabline solution.
If you want Hitachi Cable to provide a finished cable assembly.....
We need the following information:
- The cables or support members to be used in each pod
- Overall length of the assembly connectors to be used on each cable
- Wiring pinout for each connectorized assembly
- Clamp locations and distance from clamp to the ends of the connectors
- Other details (label locations, markings on the labels, packaging, etc...