Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
How Hitachi is Responding to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
First and formost, we would like to wish all those who have been affected by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) a speedy recovery, and express our deepest condolences to those who have lost loved ones.
We are also very grateful for the efforts by the governments, the public and our employees around the world to prevent the further spread of the virus.
Hitachi is committed to do whatever it takes to overcome the crisis.
HCA Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19
I would like to thank all the Hitachi Cable America (HCA) and Hitachi Cable Queretaro (HCQ) employees for your dedication and commitment to manufacturing our essential products during this very difficult period. So many of you have faced many challenges within and outside the workplace and continued to work very hard to insure the sustainability of HCA and HCQ during these difficult times.
I would also like to express my appreciation for our Covid-19 prevention teams across all the factories for doing your utmost to insure our employees are protected and safe. We could not have made it through this tough time without you.
In closing and most importantly, my sincerest condolences to anyone who has lost a loved one to Covid-19 and I would like to wish anyone currently suffering from Covid-19 a very speedy recovery.
- Putting health of employees, their families, and customers at first
- Maintaining social infrastructure and customer-support
- Sufficient liquidity and financial soundness
- Take actions based on the premise that various impacts related to COVID-19 will persist
- Utilize digital technologies to support working from home and remote working
- Customer support, maintaining social infrastructure and supply chain (secure business continuity)
- Maintain business activity while securing safety
- Sustaining financial soundness and enhancing cost management
General Policies in Our Response to COVID-19
- We’re placing top priority on the health and safety of our stakeholders, including customers, partners and the employees working at Hitachi Cable America, including all of our families.
- We’re helping prevent the spread of the infection, both inside and outside of facility locations, and minimizing the effects of the virus on both our and our customers’ businesses.
- We’re fulfilling our responsibilities for accountability will disclose necessary information as needed.
- We are working very closely with all our Hitachi Groups worldwide to ensure everyone’s safety and well being for positive business operations.