Preventative Maintenance Technician
About High Performance Medical Solutions:
A division of Hitachi Cable America Inc., we are a leading manufacturer of custom medical tubing and devices as well as defense products. With a strong focus on vertical integration, we are dedicated to providing our customers an all-inclusive experience that accommodates both new R&D projects as well as existing production programs. Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration, if you have this type of mindset then you’re likely a great fit for our team!
Candidates with medical tubing and device and/or machining manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other manufacturing experience are also encouraged to apply! HCA typically trains new employees on the first shift.
Division/Location: High Performance Medical Solutions / Ashaway, RI
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
The Preventive Maintenance Technician ensures that Company machinery and equipment is in working order by performing duties that seek to prevent machine failure. Individuals in this position also respond to machine breakdowns as needed and assist in various facilities construction projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks according the PM schedule maintenance on mechanical systems and some minor electrical systems as per requirements.
- Update, correct, and/or make recommendations to preventative maintenance procedures when needed
- Enter all PM information into the work order system on a daily basis. Must be or become proficient utilizing the Work Order Management system
- Prioritize problems/issues by adhering to PM schedule. Use measuring and testing instruments.
- Maintain equipment, part and supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level. Anticipate needed parts and supplies in advance of ordering to ensure availability
- Maintain continuity among the maintenance team by documenting and communicating action, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Observe safety procedures and workplace conduct; use equipment and materials properly.
- Train new employees as needed on all Preventative Maintenance Technician essential functions.
- Work a full time shift schedule with regular attendance and ability to work overtime if needed.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with safety and plant regulations.
- Actively support and participate in Lean Manufacturing initiative when applicable and keep the “8 wastes of lean” in mind at all times.
Core Competencies / Qualifications:
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Ability to operate basic power tools, multi-meters and pneumatic tools.
- Basic computer knowledge, and ability to navigate the Maintenance Work Order system
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and as a team member
- Analyzes maintenance problems and able to solve them
- Reading comprehension skills to understand written specifications, instructions and procedures in English
- Mechanical aptitude necessary
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
This job operates in both a professional office environment as well as other areas of the facility including maintenance, production and warehouse areas. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching and climbing ladders during entire shift
- Must be able to lift, carry, maneuver and move up to 70 lbs. of objects in the facility
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity
- Eye-hand coordination to handle, machinery, materials, parts and working with hand tools
- Regular attendance and ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The manufacturing plant is open 24 hours a day, 5 days per week. There are three shifts with typical hours of (may vary depending on department):
1st Shift 8AM - 4:30PM
2nd Shift 4PM - 12:30AM
3rd Shift 12AM - 8:30AM
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Certificate in building maintenance technology or relevant field is preferred.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.
Note: Candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.