Quality Control Inspector
About High Performance Medical Solutions:
A division of Hitachi Cable America Inc., we are a leading manufacturer of custom medical tubing and devices as well as defense products. With a strong focus on vertical integration, we are dedicated to providing our customers an all-inclusive experience that accommodates both new R&D projects as well as existing production programs. Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration, if you have this type of mindset then you’re likely a great fit for our team!
Candidates with medical tubing and device and/or machining manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other manufacturing experience are also encouraged to apply! HCA typically trains new employees on the first shift.
Division/Location: High Performance Medical Solutions / Ashaway, RI
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: QC Supervisor
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for ensuring that all products meet customer requirements via mechanical and visual inspection. This position is also responsible for detection, identification and segregation of non-conforming material.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read and interpret blueprints to determine part/device specifications.
- Use equipment such as rulers, calipers, gauges, vision scopes, etc. to inspect, test or measure product to ensure specification compliance.
- Generate and enter inspection data into spreadsheets.
- Accept or reject product, initiating non-conforming material reports as needed.
- Discuss inspection results with appropriate parties such as QC Supervisor, Extrusion Operators, Engineers and members of management.
- Perform and assist with failure analysis.
- Calibrate measuring and test equipment as required.
- Adhere to inspection schedule to ensure timely inspection products.
- Maintain Quality Control documentation and records.
- Address quality issues as they arise and provide prompt resolutions working with appropriate and necessary personnel.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures laid out in the Quality Manual.
- Observe safety procedures and use equipment and materials properly.
- Train new employees as needed on all QC Inspector essential functions.
- Work a full-time shift schedule with regular attendance, ability to work overtime as needed.
- Actively support and participate in Lean Manufacturing initiative when applicable and keep the “8 wastes of lean” in mind at all times.
Core Competencies / Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints.
- Respond to shifting priorities in a cooperative manner.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor and co-workers.
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
This job operates in both a professional office environment as well as other areas of the facility including maintenance, production and warehouse areas. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- The employee is required to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Occasionally will be required to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The manufacturing plant is open 24 hours a day, 5 days per week. There are three shifts with typical hours of (may vary depending on department):
1st Shift 8AM - 4:30PM
2nd Shift 4PM - 12:30AM
3rd Shift 12AM - 8:30AM
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One-year manufacturing experience working in a quality lab environment preferred.
- Experience in medical tubing and device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, with ability to learn a customized system.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.
Note: Candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.