Human Resources Manager
Division: Human Resources
Reports to: HCA CFO
Location: New Albany, Indiana
The position is a managerial level position and is responsible for providing a high level of Human Resources services to Hitachi Cable America Inc. and to advise and assist management in the development and management of their human resources assets.
Major areas of responsibilities include:
- Policy development and documentation, including monitoring and administration of established standards and procedures
- Establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of departmental and strategic goals
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Establish and measure recruiting strategies that enable the company to attract, hire, and retain talent with competitive salary and benefits
- Employment and Regulatory Compliance
- Manage organizational change to increase employee satisfaction and productivity
- Collaborate with consultants, legal counsel, and Executive Management as applicable
- Conduct and/or provide oversight for internal investigations and champion problem resolution
- Assist, educate, and coach management in the enforcement of HR policies and procedures
- Establish and provide administrative oversight for a company-wide training program
- Direct HR department staff, including HR Supervisor and HR Generalist
- Coach, mentor, and encourage the professional growth of the HR staff
Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Skills
Must have efficient Microsoft Office skills. Requires the ability to work with other departments and maintain a good rapport with other staff members. Must be able to adapt to any situation as it happens. Must be detail-orientated. Must maintain confidentiality of all matter.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field is preferred
- At least 5 years in a Human Resources management position required (Manufacturing background is preferred)
- Excellent Management, leadership, and written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and independent decision making with a results-oriented approach
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines with informational accuracy, and ability to work well under stress.
- Critical thinking and excellent problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of Federal and State employment legislation and legal regulations
- Experience with HRIS systems and recruiting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Physical / Safety Requirements
Office/Plant Floor Environment. Required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment deemed necessary by the company and may require lifting up to 40lbs.