Manufacturing Engineer - Pensacola, Florida
A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Reports to: Manufacturing General Manager
Location: Pensacola, FL
Florida plant manufactures high-performance brake lines used by the automotive industry, is seeking an experienced Manufacturing/Production Engineer to join our team.
- Develop and optimize reliable manufacturing processes to ensure new and existing products meet all quality specifications, production rate requirements, and customer expectations.
- Design, implement and maintain product launches including: ordering equip/tooling, establishing cycle times, creating SOP’s
- Create and review product drawings, process flow charts, design and risk assessment data for accuracy and feasibility.
- Identify, investigate, and assist in resolving problems and eliminating defects and waste.
- Assist with general engineering requirements relating to production and maintenance, and support all corporate engineering activities and R & D efforts.
- Create and maintain routings, packaging specs, and other information in the MRP system.
- Identify, propose, and implement cost reduction/avoidance ideas, and productive, efficiency, quality and continuous improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years engineering experience preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment (IATF 16949).
- Program Management experience (launch to production)
- Must have AutoCad (or equivalent), tooling and fixture experience.
- Able to withstand extensive standing or walking.
Send resume to:
Fax#: (603) 634-4174
Mailing Address: 900 Holt Avenue, Manchester, NH 03109, Attn: Human Resources