Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Reports to:Director of Finance
Oversee the daily activities of the Accounting and Finance Department. Ensure compliance and efficient operation of functional areas of responsibility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establishes and maintains accounting practices, standards, and controls
- Ensures timely production of financial statements and reports
- Perform Standard Cost Analysis
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and provides recommendations for improvement
- Manage treasury activities and budgeting process
- Prepare, review, and approve journal entries for accuracy and appropriate substantiation
- Manage entire monthly and year end close
- Responsible for GL Account, monthly closing, and reports
- Review monthly revenue recognition journal entries and supporting documentation to ensure accurate reporting
- Review/Perform monthly account reconciliations ensuring the account balances are substantiated with appropriate support from sub-ledgers
- Prepare monthly business reports with budget vs. actual financial analysis
- Conduct monthly Management business meeting to review financial results
- Manage Internal Control process pertaining to Sales Recognition, Procurement (A/P), etc.
- Monitor daily cash position
- Review and approve wire transfers
- Interface with local banking and financial institutions
- Day to Day management of accounting/finance staff and responsibilities
- Oversee accounts receivable and credit matters
- Responsible for management, oversight and compliance of Exports and policy guidelines
- Manage internal and external audits (i.e. E&Y, SOX, Hitachi)
- Organize and manage the plant physical inventory process
- Support corporate tax with information as required
- Assist with safety measures and corporate insurance policies
- Assist in the development of system enhancements to automate routine or eliminate inefficient processes, while providing a systematic audit trail
- Update Sarbanes-Oxley financial reporting process narratives as changes are implemented
- Support, subscribe to and practice, 5S, JIT and Process Improvement activities
- Observe safety procedures and conduct; use equipment and materials properly
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- Working knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Solid understanding of entire accounting processes, close cycles, A/P, A/R, Payroll/Standard Costing
- Familiarity with Financial reporting process including compliance with J-SOX
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Detailed oriented with attention to accuracy and thoroughness
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet or exceed deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and troubleshoot activities
- Willing and adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Accounting software and programs
- Proficiency utilizing computer programs, customized systems, and Microsoft office including WORD and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for communication with management, co-workers, outside vendors, etc.
Supervise Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable/Payroll and Credit Supervisors.
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment, including PC
- Sitting for periods of time, working at a desk in office environment
- Light lifting, carrying of files, supplies, ability to move, carry, lift up to 30 lbs. of objects
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person
- Requires sufficient autonomy, standing and walking to move for one office location to another and throughout the plant
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 5-7 years experience in all aspects of corporate accounting
- Hands-on experience working with the monthly and year-end accounting process
- Experience conducting and completing internal and external audits
- Work well within a team environment, as well as act independently
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using sound judgment consistent with policies and practices
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.