Accounts Receivable Specialist
A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Assist Accounting department with all accounts receivable activities. This role is critical to the timely entry of maintaining updated accounting transaction data. Clerical duties to assist accounting and personnel departments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily entry of AR invoicing transactions, invoice printing and filing.
- Tracking incoming payments
- Recording and reconciling all incoming financial transactions received
- Issuing invoices and receipts to clients for money received
- Resolving outstanding payments and sending collection statements
- Updating account information and records of clients
- Assisting with audits and checking for discrepancies in financial accounts
- Ensuring that financial records meet with company standards
- Compiling financial reports
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- General knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Detailed oriented with attention to accuracy and thoroughness
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet or exceed deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and troubleshoot activities
- Willing and adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Accounting software and programs
- Proficiency utilizing computer programs, customized systems, and Microsoft office including WORD and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for communication with management, co-workers, outside vendors, etc.
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
- Must distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment, including PC
- Sitting for periods of time, working at a desk in office environment
- Light lifting, carrying of files, supplies, ability to move, carry, lift up to 50 lbs. of objects
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person
- Requires sufficient autonomy, standing and walking to move for one office location to another
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- High School diploma required
- 2-3 years experience in Accounts receivable and clerical office tasks
- Experience with accounting software, bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Work well within a team environment, as well as act independently
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using sound judgment consistent with policies and practices
- Be available for overtime hours when needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.