A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: Performance Cables
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Continuous Improvement Manager
This position plays a key role in supporting the various computer and technology systems utilized within HCA-NH to support sales, engineering, and operations. They will provide administration and support for the MES platform through programming, configuration, monitoring, and data analysis. They will handle daily monitoring and troubleshooting of these systems to ensure availability and reliability. They will also interface, as required, with manufacturing equipment PLCs for connectivity and data acquisition. Knowledge of industrial networking is also desired.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Key contributor in the planning and completion of MES projects towards long-term optimization, systems integration, and process improvement.
- Support maintenance, engineering, and continuous improvement department projects.
- Read and follow electrical and mechanical prints; as well as other technical documents.
- Perform application administration of the company MES platform in the Sandbox, Development, and Production environments and handle day-to-day troubleshooting and maintenance tasks.
- Perform MES peripherals setup and troubleshooting such as scanners, printers, scales, etc.
- Develop and maintain documentation and training plans on IoT system, MES platform, and reports as required.
- Utilize the developed documentation to administer regular training classes tailored for each of the user groups.
- Ability to influence other team members without direct authority across all departments in to be able to implement improvements and sustain results.
- Configure machines for integration into the IoT platform.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Operators, Manufacturing, and Engineering personnel on the production floor to identity opportunities for improvements and implement solutions.
- Independently manage a workload consisting of projects and unplanned day-to-day priorities.
- Knowledge of Industrial networking, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, ethernet gateway’s, firewalls, all a plus.
- Attention to detail necessary.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of formal problem-solving methods.
- Provide effective training as needed or required.
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Respond to shifting priorities in a cooperative manner.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Excel and Word, and customized programs.
- Reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English.
- Must have a friendly and supportive attitude, strong work ethic, and team-player mindset.
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment, including PC.
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, and climbing ladders during entire shift.
- Must be able to lift, carry, maneuver, and move a minimum of 70 lbs. of objects in the facility.
- Ability to speak and hear customers, suppliers, and or other employees via phone or in person.
- Eye-hand coordination to handle, machinery, materials, parts and working with hand tools.
- Body motor skills sufficient to move from one office location to another throughout plan.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The typical hours are 7AM-3PM.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- Two-year technical degree in Automation or Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs, PanelView, RS Logix 5, 500, 5000, & Factory Talk View.
- Proficient in reading and understanding electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Wire and cable manufacturing experience a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- MS SQL Server or other database experience desired
- Programming skills in VB, SQL, XML, or JAVA desired
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.