Cable / Twist / Strander / Armor / Color / Utility
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Working Hours:2nd Shift
As an operator you will perform set-ups, changeovers and run both a stranding and colorizing machine to support fiber optic cables.
- Responsible to meet production standards.
- Ensure both process and manufacturing specification sheets are adhered to.
- Follow established quality standards by performing quality checks in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Responsible for setting up and tearing down the Stranding line and colorizer machine correctly.
- Responsible to measure insulated fiber legs, select closing dies, yarns, tapes and reel sizes.
- Responsible for selecting inks and fiber to set up the colorizer.
- Work with power switches, run controls and tension settings.
- Must complete written production paperwork neatly and legible.
- Maintain cleanliness of machines.
- Observes all safety procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Subscribes to 5S principles, procedures, and guidelines.
- Work a full time shift schedule and overtime as needed while maintaining regular attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Reading english and understand written manufacturing specifications and process sheet instructions.
- Oral and written communication skills to keep co-workers and supervisors up-to-date.
- Good math skills and above average mechanical aptitude necessary.
- Attention to detail is required in machine operation to minimize scrap.
- Familiar with fiber materials.
- Ability to enter data into a computerized system.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Hands on experience and knowledge using micrometers, calipers, verniers, and other measuring devices.
- Read and interpret gauges, dials and equipment controls.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One-year manufacturing experience and skills with machinery equipment and troubleshooting desired.
- One-three years of manufacturing experience in similar role
- Familiarity with cable and twist equipment and troubleshooting desired
- Cable and wire experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Wire and cable experience a plus.
- Must have good manual dexterity and the ability to pass a color blind test.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching.
- Repetitive pushing and pulling motion of fiber cable materials.
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity along with eye-hand coordination to operate machinery, materials, and line components.
- Must be able to lift, carry, relocate, move a minimum of 70 lbs of objects, materials, and/or product.
Send resume to: HITACHI CABLE AMERICA
Email: HR.NH@hca.hitachi-cable.com or apply in person
Fax#: (603) 634-4174
Mailing Address: 900 Holt Avenue, Manchester, NH 03109, Attn: Human Resources