A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: Maintenance and Facilities
Reports to: Facilities Manager
This role is responsible to manage and coordinate the daily activities of the Maintenance Mechanics and work in a "hands-on" day-to-day capacity to ensure maintenance activities are achieved and accomplished in a timely manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct and supervise activities of the maintenance personnel
- Work in tandem with Facilities Manager to ensure optimal plant functioning.
- Interact with outside trade vendors and contractors
- Adhere to inspect work on maintenance projects performed by employees and private contractors to ensure conformance to specification and compliance with regulations and codes
- Inspect plant facilities to determine repairs, replacements or improvements required
- Participate in RFP’s and/or RFQ’s process to obtain and analyze bids pertaining to facility project work to be performed by outside contractors
- Develop, implement and coordinate Preventative Maintenance Program
- Responsible to schedule facility modifications and/or upgrades as needed
- Review building space allocation, design and plant layout. Assist and implement any changes
- Design and modify automated controls of the machinery, including robotics, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanic equipment, speed control, PLC’s, AC, DC drives and servo controllers
- Provides oversight regarding Request for Work Orders and ensures timely response and completion of outstanding orders
- Cross collaborate and communicate with multiple departments such as engineering, purchasing, production control and quality to fulfill internal request in order to meet customer orders and demand, and to review status of projects
- Complies data and reports on expenditures of plant repairs, upgrades, compliance matters, etc.
- Participate in formulating procedures for use in event of accidents, fires, or other emergencies
- Develop and measure metrics to ensure effectiveness and cost efficiency
- Observe safety procedures and conduct; use equipment and materials properly
- Subscribe to and practice 5S, JIT, Process Improvement activities
- Communicate maintenance and facility issues and recommend strategies and tactics to enable improved maintenance and facilities program(s) and procedures
- Involved in the hiring of maintenance personnel. Provide employee training and development opportunities. Communicate effectively to motivate others to realize their potential
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- Attention to detail necessary
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints meeting deadlines daily
- Strong commitment to quality, safety, and efficiency
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements, regulations and procedures
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Experience with root cause analysis and problem solving
- Advanced reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills to interact all personnel, contractors, and outside vendors
- Computer literacy skills and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office, database programs, with ability to develop knowledge of customized system(s), especially related to Facilities and Maintenance program software
- Demonstrates commitment to HCM Core Values
This position is or is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
- Must distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment, including PC
- Sitting for periods of time, working at a desk in office environment
- Light lifting, carrying of files, supplies, ability to move, carry, lift up to 30 lbs. of objects
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person
- Requires sufficient autonomy, standing and walking to move for one office location to another and throughout the plant
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS preferred, and/or 10 years work relevant facilities management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience necessary with ability to manage multiple outside contractors
- Strong understanding of local, state and federal building codes, regulations and compliance rules and guidelines
- Exhibit leadership skills
- Understanding of and ability to implement Lean Manufacturing principles
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.