A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: Performance Cables
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Provides diverse administrative support to the Human Resources department. Acts as the director of first impressions for HCA-NH by exhibiting a pleasant demeanor when greeting employees and visitors, both in person and via phone.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entry of pertinent information for all new and departing employees into ADP, Principal, BenefitSolver, and RAVE
- Initiate background screens and drug testing process for new hires
- Update and maintain NH Organizational Chart
- Create internal change forms and update data in all human resources databases
- Maintain RAVE internal communication database
- Prepare new hire packets for in person orientations
- Send invoices to accounting, and track HR related expenses
- Order food for new hire orientation, set up conference room
- Filing of confidential paperwork into personnel files
- Provide administrative support to the HR Manager and Executive Director of Human Resources as needed
- Manage the front reception area including routing calls, answering inquiries, and greeting visitors
- Open, sort and distribute mail and incoming packages daily
- Affable demeanor
- Highly organized with an outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding personnel matters
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Adaptable to changes in job duties and priorities as needs demand
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
This job operates in a controlled manufacturing environment designed for sustained production. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to maneuver as needed in an office setting
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Utilization of office appliances such as photocopier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation, etc.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Familiarity with ADP highly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.