A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: Maintenance Facilities
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Provide mechanical and Electrical support within Facilities and Maintenance to ensure that production machines and equipment are functioning at their optimum levels. Responsible for performing daily duties and supporting building repairs and overall maintenance facility activities.
- Install, repair and maintain electro-mechanical production machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, monitor, and adjust AC/DC equipment and circuits
- Maintains electrical systems by conducting system tests and completing preventative maintenance requirements.
- Proficient with a CMMS system.
- Understand and follow company Lockout/Tag Out procedure
- Observe safety procedures and conduct; use equipment and materials properly
- Subscribe to and practice 5S principles, procedures, and guidelines, JIT, and process improvement.
- Work a full-time shift schedule with regular attendance and ability to work overtime if needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic mechanical power transmission components; Belts, chains, sprockets, bearings, couplings, etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics, machinery manuals and control wiring diagrams.
- Solid knowledge of electrical systems
- Ability to install, maintain, test, evaluate and repair various electrical components and systems including medium/high voltage systems.
- Instillation and troubleshooting for wiring system layouts and circuit routing.
- Ability to install, service and repair conduits, wiring and fixtures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work on live equipment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and as a team member
- Reading comprehension skills to understand written specifications, instructions and procedures in English
- High School Diploma or GED
- NH Electrician License (preferred)
- Master Electricians License (preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years industrial electrical experience
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with electrical equipment and components
- Wire and Cable experience is a plus
- Strong verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills to exchange of information with co-workers, supervisors, suppliers, and/or vendors
- Basic experience with PLC and large AC/DC drive programming and repair.
- Industrial voltage electrical experience 480V 3 Phase systems.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching and climbing ladders during entire shift
- Must be able to lift, carry, maneuver and move a minimum of 50 lbs of objects in the facility
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity
- Eye-hand coordination to handle, machinery, materials, parts and working with hand tools
- Regular attendance and ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.