IT Business Manager
A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: IT – Shared Services
Reports to: Vice President of Technology
Responsible for overseeing the strategic, technical, and managerial aspects of the organization’s IT business functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for software design, development, training, and support.
- Responsible for business analytics, dashboards, and reports.
- Develop strategies for using software development and business analytics to provide insight into business performance and suggest areas and methods for improving operations.
- Manage IT Business team.
- Support efforts to ensure that all relevant company data is properly collected, stored, and protected.
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- Strong project and resource management skills.
- Ability to understand emerging technology and embrace/recommend to the business.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to complete complex tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for communication with management, co-workers, outside vendors, etc.
This position is responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
- Must distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment, including PC
- Sitting for periods of time, working at a desk in office environment
- Light lifting, carrying of files, supplies, ability to move, carry, lift up to 30 lbs. of objects
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person
- Requires sufficient autonomy, standing and walking to move for one office location to another and throughout the plant
Little travel is expected for this position, except between the two plant facilities that are being supported.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience is required, 8+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Previous management experience required.
- Experience with application development – preferably Cloud-based.
- Experience with business analytics.
- Experience with DevOps and Cloud Services (e.g., Azure).
- Experience with project management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.