Manager of Product Engineering
Reports to: Director of Product Engineering
Responsible for new product design, modification, enhancements, and improvements of existing products and materials in accordance with and utilizing professional engineering design principles and practices. Plans and directs the accomplishment of product engineering objectives and provides technical support to other departments within the organization such as management, sales, production, manufacturing, etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages product engineering team assignments in staffing, scheduling, coordinating, and planning of personnel, engineering activities and projects.
- Provides technical support to Engineering, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Sales, and Operations including, (but not limited to) reviewing customer specifications, and providing quotes on cable costs for new products and changes to existing products.
- Approves designs and specification work from engineering team.
- Leads engineering projects and coordinates multi-departmental team efforts.
- Leads New Product Review and Development, including analysis of prototypes/specs/requirements, design and cost to customer and/or regulatory and governing agencies such as NEC, NFPA, ANSI, UL, CSA, ETL, TIA, IEC, ISO, IEEE, Telcordia, BICSI.
- Produces quality deliverables in a timely manner consistently meeting deadlines.
- Instrumental in new cable designs and evaluation of materials.
- Research, develop, and present DoE plans and provide innovate solutions in problem areas.
- Leads raw material cost reduction plans, process improvements, technical innovation(s) and final application support for existing and future products.
- Liaison with the Quality Department regarding creation or modification of testing methods on products and/or materials.
- Oversee the creation of white papers for the purpose of communicating new technology and/or products developed by HCA. Assist with website enhancement regarding technical training, technology explanations & performance-oriented sales materials.
- Lead new patent registrations based on new technologies/projects/processes developed @ HCA.
- Adhere to the core HCM goals of ISO9000 Total Quality Management, and be an active participant and member of SGA Team.
- Subscribe to and practice 5S, JIT, etc.
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- Attention to detail necessary
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and self-initiated problem solver with above average troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints
- Respond to shifting priorities in a cooperative manner
- Strong commitment to quality/safety/efficiency
- Advanced reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English
This position is responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment, including PC
- Sitting for periods of time, working at a desk in office environment
- Light lifting, carrying of files and supplies, ability to move, or lift up to 30 lbs. of objects and/or materials
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person
- Body motor skills sufficient to move for one office location to another throughout plant
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- Minimum B.S. degree in an engineering discipline and 10 years comparable cable design experience
- Relevant Engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional mathematic skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.