A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: Performance Cables
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
This role is responsible to oversee and manage the day to day manufacturing and production line operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate resources, activities, and sequence of manufacturing operations to produce HCM cable products.
- Supervise and direct Shift Supervisors.
- Set guidelines and formats for production workers to operate under.
- Ensure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment and materials to produce quality products.
- Review and approve production scheduling and work flow to meet customer orders. Alter and modify operation schedules to meet customer demands as necessary.
- Prepare manufacturing data reports.
- Cross collaborate and communicate with multiple departments such as engineering, purchasing, production control and quality to fulfill customer orders, and to determine the status of various projects and operations.
- Confer with management representing manufacturing present any concerns.
- Actively participate in and promote Safety Programs.
- Prepare compliance policies and reports in accordance with insurance company standards.
- Develop and measure metrics to ensure effectiveness and cost efficiency.
- Communicate manufacturing and operations issues, recommend strategies and tactics to enable improved procedures.
- Subscribe to and practice 5S, JIT, Process Improvement activities.
- Observes safety procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Provide employee training and development opportunities. Communicate effectively to motivate others to realize their potential.
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- Attention to detail necessary.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints meeting customer deadlines daily.
- Strong commitment to quality, safety, and efficiency.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements, regulations and procedures.
- Advanced reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills to interact all personnel, customer and outside vendors.
- Demonstrates commitment to HCA Core Values.
- Advanced computer literacy skills utilizing Microsoft Office, database programs, with ability to develop knowledge of customized system(s), especially related to manufacturing operations.
This position is responsible to Supervise and direct Shift Supervisors.
This job operates in a controlled manufacturing environment designed for sustained production. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of PC and office equipment
- Sitting for periods of time, working at a desk in office environment.
- Standing, walking, and/or navigating throughout the plant daily, to monitor manufacturing operations.
- Light lifting, carrying of files, supplies, with ability to move, or lift up to 30 lbs. of objects and/or materials.
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Salaried exempt staff work hours are:
Monday through Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm, or 8:00am to 5:00pm, with a one-hour unpaid lunch.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in business or equivalent; and/or 5-10 years work experience in cable and wire environment.
- 5 years plus relevant Manufacturing Management experience.
- Supervisory experience necessary.
- Exhibit leadership skills.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Lean Manufacturing principles.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.