A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: HCA Performance Cables
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: VP of Sales
The individual will be responsible for developing customer engagement plans, business plans and marketing strategy to identify and track opportunities through their lifecycle while growing the opportunity pipeline and developing digital and media content that supports business objectives. The successful candidate will work with a diverse team in a highly professional environment to apply their developed skills and knowledge of best practices against business objectives. They will assist in maintaining the corporate website and opportunity funnel, track customer requirements for new and existing products and help establish the roadmap for future products. A strong history of customer facing experience and internal selling is crucial. The role will involve daily management of marketing issues and priority escalations.
The Marketing manager will support in guiding the team on appropriate solutions and communicate schedules back to management and strategic partners. The position will require planning and participating in key customer visits as well as limited external tradeshows and exhibitions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Media content and copy development (Press releases, internal newsletters or communications, E-blasts, website content development and refinement, social media content creation, white papers, print and advertising copy, and video creation).
- Optimize and expand paid social media to nurture leads and develop brand support (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, or other digital programs).
- Support in website development and content creation and verification.
- Identify and track ROI for all marketing objectives.
- Identify new areas of opportunity within existing placements and channels, as well as evaluate and test new opportunities.
- Identify trends within campaign data and optimize marketing spend to achieve improved cost-per-lead and cost-per-enroll metrics.
- Assist in KPI tracking, measurement, reporting, and overall marketing effectiveness analysis
- Keep up to date with paid social, paid search, display, and affiliate lead-generation best practices
- Crafting marketing and sales advertising campaigns.
- Analysis of macro market trends, ecosystem needs, and competitive analysis.
- Developing and initiating marketing strategies that align with company goals, generate unified branding and messaging, while delivering measurable results.
- Managing parallel path objectives and strategic campaigns to ensure timely launch and completion
- Coordinating all tradeshows, promotional sales materials, and management of marketing item inventory.
- Planning, implementing, and improving promotional and lead-generation campaigns.
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- Strong English and writing skills. Must be capable of writing basic copy and/or performing basic editing.
- A keen eye with a strong attention to detail necessary.
- Ability to provide effective direction on copy and graphic design within all marketing endeavors to ensure quality and a high likelihood of success.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook, and other general Microsoft Office Suite applications, marketing automation software, CRM applications and similar platforms
- Strong verbal, planning, organizational, and presentation skills
- Effective decision-making and problem solving
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to interact with co-workers, customers, etc.
- Open to learning through constructive reviews and team recommendations.
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment, including PC.
- Sitting and standing for periods of time, working at a desk in both office and lab environment.
- Light lifting, carrying of files and supplies, ability to move, or lift up to 30 lbs. of objects and/or materials.
- Ability to speak and hear customers, suppliers, and or other employees via phone or in person.
- Body motor skills sufficient to move from one office location to another throughout plan.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The typical hours are 7AM-4PM or 8AM-5PM with a 1-hour lunch break.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 to 5 years proven experience in B2B marketing communications and business development with strong graphic design and visual arts experience (photography and video productions).
- Understanding of print layout needs and advertising formats for Link Ads, Carousel Ads, Video Ads, and other targeted options such as paid search, display, and affiliate advertising.
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite applications, Google Analytics and Google Adwords with a comprehensive understanding of SEO.
- Strong communication, writing, editing, visual and ideation creative skills.
- Strong experience working across corporate functions and operating independently.
- Previous experience with product management or product development a plus.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and make strategic recommendations based on market opportunities within assigned categories.
- Experienced in coordinating both digital and traditional marketing campaigns.
- An ability to think through a larger marketing campaign and develop messaging and intent from the initial need identification all the way through to campaign execution and delivery.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.