A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: Maintenance Facilities
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Provide mechanical and Electrical support within Facilities and Maintenance to ensure that production machines and equipment are functioning at their optimum levels. Responsible to perform daily duties to operational support the building repairs and overall maintenance facility activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Install, repair and maintain electro-mechanical production machinery and equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain high-speed production equipment and pneumatic, plumbing and hydraulic systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, monitor, and adjust AC/DC equipment and circuits
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery in a timely manner
- Become proficient with the Work Order Management system
- Understand and follow company Lockout/Tag Out procedure
- Observe safety procedures and conduct; use equipment and materials properly
- Subscribe to and practice 5S principles, procedures, and guidelines, JIT, and process improvement
- Work a full time shift schedule with regular attendance and ability to work overtime if needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, mechanic and electrical schematics
- Solid knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Ability to conduct diagnostic tests, overhaul and rebuild machines by utilizing a variety of test equipment and hand tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and as a team member
- Basic welding, metal working and machinists skills required
- Reading comprehension skills to understand written specifications, instructions and procedures in English
- Good math skills and above average mechanical aptitude necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot and work on live equipment (powered on).
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years experience in maintenance mechanic role in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with mechanical and electrical equipment and components
- Wire and Cable experience is a plus
- Strong verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills to exchange of information with co-workers, supervisors, suppliers, and/or vendors
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching and climbing ladders during entire shift
- Must be able to lift, carry, maneuver and move up to 50 lbs. of objects in the facility
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity
- Eye-hand coordination to handle, machinery, materials, parts and working with hand tools
- Regular attendance and ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The manufacturing plant is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. There are three shifts with typical hours of:
1st Shift 7AM - 3PM
2nd Shift 3PM -11PM
3rd Shift 11PM - 7AM
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.