Preventative Maintenance Mechanic
Division: Maintenance Facilities
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Provide Preventative Maintenance support and assistance in mechanical repairs within Facilities and Maintenance Department. Responsible for implementing preventative maintenance measures to ensure on-going operation of production equipment and machinery. (May provide back-up assistance for mechanical repairs, on an as needed basis).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks according the PM schedule maintenance on mechanical systems and some minor electrical systems as per requirements.
- Update, correct, and/or make recommendations to preventative maintenance procedures when needed
- Enter all PM information into the work order system on a daily basis. Must be or become proficient utilizing the Work Order Management system
- Prioritize problems/issues by adhering to PM schedule. Use measuring and testing instruments.
- Maintain equipment, part and supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level. Anticipate needed parts and supplies in advance of ordering to ensure availability
- Maintain continuity among the maintenance team by documenting and communicating action, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Observe safety procedures and conduct; use equipment and materials properly
- Subscribe to and practice 5S principles, procedures, and guidelines, JIT, and process improvement
- Work a full time shift schedule with regular attendance and ability to work overtime if needed
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with safety and plant regulations.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Ability to operate basic power tools, multi-meters and pneumatic tools.
- Basic computer knowledge, and ability to navigate the Maintenance Work Order system
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and as a team member
- Analyzes maintenance problems and able to solve them
- Reading comprehension skills to understand written specifications, instructions and procedures in English
- Mechanical aptitude necessary
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
This job operates in a controlled manufacturing environment designed for sustained production. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching and climbing ladders during entire shift
- Must be able to lift, carry, maneuver and move up to 70 lbs. of objects in the facility
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity
- Eye-hand coordination to handle, machinery, materials, parts and working with hand tools
- Regular attendance and ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The manufacturing plant is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. There are three shifts with typical hours of:
1st Shift 7AM - 3PM
2nd Shift 3PM -11PM
3rd Shift 11PM - 7AM
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years experience in maintenance mechanic role in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate hands-on experience working with mechanical equipment
- Wire and Cable experience is a plus
- Strong verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills to exchange of information with co-workers, supervisors, suppliers, and/or vendors
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.