Preventative Maintenance Mechanic
Preventative Maintenance Mechanic
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Department: Maintenance Facilities
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Provide Preventative Maintenance support and assistance in mechanical repairs within Facilities and Maintenance Department. Responsible for implementing preventative maintenance measures to ensure on-going operation of production equipment and machinery. (May provide back-up assistance for mechanical repairs, on an as needed basis).
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks according the PM schedule maintenance on mechanical systems and some minor electrical systems as per requirements.
- Update, correct, and/or make recommendations to preventative maintenance procedures when needed
- Enter all PM information into the work order system on a daily basis. Must be or become proficient utilizing the Work Order Management system
- Prioritize problems/issues by adhering to PM schedule. Use measuring and testing instruments.
- Maintain equipment, part and supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level. Anticipate needed parts and supplies in advance of ordering to ensure availability
- Maintain continuity among the maintenance team by documenting and communicating action, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Observe safety procedures and conduct; use equipment and materials properly
- Subscribe to and practice 5S principles, procedures, and guidelines, JIT, and process improvement
- Work a full time shift schedule with regular attendance and ability to work overtime if needed
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with safety and plant regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Ability to operate basic power tools, multi-meters and pneumatic tools.
- Basic computer knowledge, and ability to navigate the Maintenance Work Order system
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and as a team member
- Analyzes maintenance problems and able to solve them
- Reading comprehension skills to understand written specifications, instructions and procedures in English
- Mechanical aptitude necessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 year’s experience with focus on PM duties and scheduling in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate hands-on experience working with mechanical equipment.
- Wire and Cable experience is a plus
- Strong verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills to exchange of information with co-workers, supervisors, suppliers, and/or vendors
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching and climbing ladders during entire shift
- Must be able to lift, carry, maneuver and move up to 70 lbs. of objects in the facility
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity
- Eye-hand coordination to handle, machinery, materials, parts and working with hand tools
- Regular attendance and ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary
The job description is not designed to cover an entire comprehensive listing of all job duties or unplanned activities. HCM reserves the right to change or revise functions and responsibilities as the need arises. HCM is an “at-will” employer and this document is not a written or implied contract of guarantee of employment.