A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: Performance Cables
Reports to: Process Engineering Manager
This role is responsible to provide support to all manufacturing operations during shift operations to meet deliverables. This is an integral position within the Engineering team interfacing with engineering personnel and working closely with manufacturing machine operators.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Design and Process Engineers in developing new products and processes
- Develop and maintain controlled and uncontrolled engineering documentation.
- Develop operator training and related written documentation
- Conduct and provide operator training on product processes and procedures
- Partner with Shift Supervisor and assist with the management of WIP and allocation of production floor resources
- Address production problems and provide prompt resolutions, including working with the Production and Quality Control staff
- Proactively test solutions to identified problems
- Monitor production systems, troubleshoot and make necessary adjustments to production machinery and equipment
- Act as liaison with Maintenance Group to coordinate repairs as necessary
- Manage assigned engineering projects from inception through final reporting
- Adhere to the core HCM goals of ISO9000 Total Quality Management, and be an active participant and member of SGA Team
- Subscribe to and practice 5S, JIT, Process Improvement etc.
- Attention to detail necessary
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self motivated and self initiated problem solver with above average troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints
- Respond to shifting priorities in a cooperative manner
- Strong commitment to quality, safety, and efficiency
- Above average reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
This job operates in a controlled manufacturing environment designed for sustained production. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Body motor skills sufficient to move for one office location to another throughout plant to access office files, equipment, and plant machinery
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of personal computer, office and machinery equipment
- Sitting for periods of time, working at a desk
- Lifting, carrying of files and supplies, ability to move and lift up to 60 lbs. of objects and/or materials
- Ability to speak and hear to communicate with employees, customers and/or vendors via phone or in person
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in related technical field and/or 4 years of practical hands-on experience in a wire and cable manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Exceptional mathematic skills
- Computer literacy skills utilizing Microsoft Office, with ability to learn a customized system
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.