Reports to: Manager of Product Engineering
This role is responsible for all Product Engineering activities within a market segment. This includes but is not limited to new product design, product enhancements, and new material evaluation as well as ensuring deliverables in the form of quotes, customer specifications, manufacturing specifications, and purchasing specifications are delivered to internal customers in an accurate and timely manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for overseeing/coordinating new product development as well as product enhancement/cost reduction projects within their market segment following established stage gate system.
- Ensure support of internal customers is done in a timely and accurate manner through proper coordination of department resources/reports. This includes creation of quotes based on requirements provided by customers, creation of specifications for customer sign-off and creation of detailed technical specifications for the purpose of product manufacturing.
- Represent company's interests at regular meetings of IEEE, IBTA, ODVA, TIA, BICSI and others as indicated by company management.
- Act as liaison with Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL) for the purpose of covering all testing requirements on new and/or enhanced products.
- Creation of white papers and/or providing assistance to company technical staff for the purpose of communicating new technology and/or products developed by the company. Assist with website enhancement regarding technical training, technology explanations & performance-oriented sales materials.
- Research, develop, and present DoE plans and provide innovative solutions in problem areas.
- Lead new material research activities for the purpose of continuous improvement and/or novel product developments.
- Propose and assist in new patent registrations based on new technologies/projects/processes developed by the company.
- Assist quality department in creation of test procedures, testing templates, test fixtures, and equipment purchases.
- Assist Production department and Process engineering team on technical obstacles present in day-to-day operations.
- Assist lab staff with QA issues relating to signal performance and failure analysis.
- Adhere to the core HCM goals of ISO9000 Total Quality Management.
- Subscribe to and practice 5S, JIT, etc.
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional mathematic skills, up to and including the utilization of mathematical modeling techniques
- Detailed oriented with attention to accuracy and thoroughness
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet or exceed deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and troubleshoot activities
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints.
- Respond to shifting priorities in a cooperative manner
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency utilizing computer programs, customized systems, and Microsoft office including WORD and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for communication with management, co-workers, outside vendors, etc.
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees
- Must distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment, including PC
- Sitting for periods of time, working at a desk in office environment
- Light lifting, carrying of files, supplies, ability to move, carry, lift up to 30 lbs. of objects
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person
- Requires sufficient autonomy, standing and walking to move for one office location to another and throughout the plant
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- Minimum B.S. degree in an Engineering discipline and 10 years comparable cable or component design experience
- Prior technical advisory board experience / participation preferred
- Relevant engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.