A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other manufacturing experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: Performance Cables
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Production Control Manager
Commit, plan, schedule, and follow up on orders in support of customers and internal demands. Handle daily production control and associated inventory activities.
Adheres to Hitachi's CSR compliance programs and policies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure all new customer orders are committed using the prevailing lead time and are committed within 48 hours of order receipt.
- Create production plans and schedules for products within their functional area individual based upon the master production schedule and customer orders.
- Cross train in each functional area (Wireless, Premise, Fiber & Specialty) to ensure continuity when short staffed.
- Proactively communicate scheduling issues and opportunities to ensure deliverables are met and objectives achieved
- Resolve customer delivery problems and meet delivery deadlines
- Act as a liaison between multiple departments including, Engineering, Purchasing, Sales, Manufacturing, and Quality
- Analyze data on manufacturing job cards to ensure that scrap due to mis-matched lengths is minimized (review this point)
- Support and utilize technology and systems to enhance the production planning process
- Subscribe and participate with 5S goals
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- Must possess workflow and organizational skills
- Attention to detail necessary
- Communicates to all associates effectively
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints
- Respond to shifting priorities in a cooperative manner
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes to support production
- Strong commitment to quality, safety and efficiency
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
This job operates in a controlled manufacturing environment designed for sustained production. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, transverse throughout entire facility/plant
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching
- Pushing and pulling motion of wire cable materials and reels when necessary
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination to handle machinery, materials, and parts
- Able to lift, carry, relocate, move up to 50 lbs. of objects, materials, and/or product
- Works in office environment as well with periods of sitting
- Operate a personal computer on daily basis, and other office equipment as needed
- Regular attendance and ability to work in excess of a 40-hour work week if necessary
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Salaried exempt staff work hours are:
Monday through Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm, or 8:00am to 5:00pm, with a one-hour unpaid lunch.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS preferred, APICS Certification a plus, and/or willingness to become certified
- 3-5 years related production/material experience in a manufacturing environment
- Relevant Production/Material experience, including interpretation of manufacturing specifications
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Excel & Word) Skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Strong analytical skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.