A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Department: Performace Cables
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Quality and Continuous Improvement
The Project Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. The Project Manager will plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. This is all done within the confines of the company’s overall business plan. Project managers are needed on a wide variety of projects, including construction, IT, HR, and marketing.
The ideal candidate will have production experience as well as strong work plan development and progress oversight skills. They will be expected to manage the project planning, budgeting, execution, and present progress updates to appropriate management channels on a regular basis, ensuring the innovation we seek is being achieved.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations, and other departments to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (staffing, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction/deployment operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Proven experience as project manager
- In-depth understanding of material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction / project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Degree in engineering, building science or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment, including PC.
- Sitting and standing for periods of time, working at a desk in both office and lab environment.
- Light lifting, carrying of files and supplies, ability to move, or lift up to 30 lbs. of objects and/or materials.
- Ability to speak and hear customers, suppliers, and or other employees via phone or in person.
- Body motor skills sufficient to move from one office location to another throughout plan.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. The typical hours are 7AM-4PM or 8AM-5PM with a 1-hour lunch break.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in Engineering or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of performance measurement and monitoring methods required
- PMP or equivalent certification highly desired
- Experience in a manufacturing environment; prior experience in plastics or continuous process industry desired
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.