Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Primary focus is on the development and management of HCA’s inventory forecasting, planning, and procurement operations.
- Oversee the purchasing function to maintain appropriate inventory while minimizing total costs
- Oversee Compliance of REACH, RoHs and Conflict Minerals.
- Oversee production control department, manage all schedules for plant operations.
- Implement company-wide purchasing strategies and policies
- Negotiate with suppliers for the most favorable purchasing/shipping arrangements
- Evaluate and interview potential suppliers for HCA to partner with
- Create positive relationships with external suppliers and customers
- Communicate effectively and frequently with vendors, suppliers, customers and employees
- Leverage lean and supply chain optimization to drive continuous improvement within the organization
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures including daily reconciliations, reporting, inventory balances and variances
- Focus on continual improvement of procedures and processes that will drive and improve inventory accuracy, minimize shrinkage and inventory discrepancies
- Research current industry trends, commodities, materials, and product pricing
- Subscribe to and practice 5S, JIT, and Process Improvement activities
- Observe safety procedures and conduct; use equipment and materials properly
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong wire & cable knowledge, with ability to understand HCA premise and electronic products, materials and pricing
- Positive and successful interaction with customers, employees, reps and vendors
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superior communication, interpersonal and verbal skills required to interact effectively with all customers, employees and outside vendors, etc.
- Work well within a team environment, as well as independently
- Use sound judgment to resolve routine daily issues
- Knowledge of current import and export laws
- Proficient and strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office, including WORD, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, with ability learn customized AS-400 systems
- Ability to travel occasionally and/or as required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred in Purchasing Management, Inventory Control, Business Management, Supply Chain, or related field
- 5 years + related purchasing experience in manufacturing work environment with JIT implementation
- Cable/wire experience a plus
- Strong customer-service and solutions oriented background
Typical Physical Demands:
- Position works in an office environment, sitting for long periods of time, working at a desk
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of personal computer and operating of office equipment on daily basis
- Light lifting, carrying of files, supplies, ability to move, carry, lift up to 30 lbs. of objects, materials, etc.
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person
- Requires sufficient autonomy, standing and walking to move for one office location to another and within the plant facility
HCA reserves the right to change or revise functions and responsibilities as the need arises.
HCA is an “at-will” employer and this document is not a written or implied contract of guarantee of employment.