Quality Control Inspector
Division: Quality Control
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Quality Manager
The role is responsible to provide support to the quality control operations during shift operations to meet deliverables. This is an integral position within the Quality team interfacing with quality, engineering, and production personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verify product conformance to specifications
- Verify raw material conformance to purchase orders
- Perform testing of copper and fiber optic cables
- Perform and assist with failure analysis
- Calibrate measuring and test equipment as required
- Work with scheduling to ensure timely production of quality products and materials
- Maintain Quality Control documentation and records
- Address quality issues as they arise and provide prompt resolutions working with appropriate and necessary personnel
- Adhere to the procedures laid out in the Quality Manual
- Commitment to quality/safety/efficiency
- Observe safety procedures and use equipment and materials properly
- Work a full time shift schedule with regular attendance, ability to work overtime as needed
- Attention to detail necessary
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints
- Respond to shifting priorities in a cooperative manner
- Hands-on experience using micrometers, calipers, verniers, and other measuring devices
- Reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to interact with co-workers and others
This position is not responsible for the oversight or performance management of other employees.
This job operates in a controlled manufacturing environment designed for sustained production. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Body motor skills sufficient to move for one office location to another throughout plant to access office files, equipment, and plant machinery
- Finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination for operation of personal computer, office, and machinery equipment
- Sitting and standing for periods of time working in lab and test environment
- Lifting, carrying of files and supplies, ability to move and lift up to 50 lbs. of objects and/or materials
- Ability to speak and hear to communicate with employees, customers, and/or vendors via phone or in person
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The manufacturing plant is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. There are three shifts with typical hours of:
1st Shift 7AM - 3PM
2nd Shift 3PM -11PM
3rd Shift 11PM - 7AM
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One-year manufacturing experience working in a quality lab environment desired
- Experience in a wire and cable manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge and/or related QC lab experience
- Computer literacy skills utilizing Microsoft Office, with ability to learn a customized system
- Must have visual and ability to distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test to identify coded cables, products, and materials
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.