Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Classification: Salary / Exempt
The Quality Assurance Manager coordinates the activities required to meet quality standards, and is responsible to ensure that the product and service provided meets both the specification and customer expectations. The Quality Assurance Manager will work with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the Quality Management System is functioning properly and is continuously improved, as opportunities are identified.
- Fully maintain and continuously improve a Quality Management System consistent with the latest revisions of ISO 9001, acting as the Subject Matter Expert.
- Oversee and manage Quality Control functions, with direct authority over QC Manager, and Test personnel, and indirect authority over non-quality department personnel performing system and process audits. Recommend strategies and tactics to improve QC inspection methods to QC manager. Drive test procedure development, equipment evaluation, implementation, and analysis of quality measurements to improve facility performance.
- Establish clear and achievable quality objectives, through both multi-year strategic and annual tactical planning activities for Quality System improvements and Quality related Key Performance Indicators.
- Establish and prepare quality metrics, monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports to advise on the performance of the quality management system.
- Establish and maintain performance, safety, and reliability testing and category protocol by incorporating test procedures as mandated by Design and Development Engineering, customers and regulatory agencies.
- Conduct product testing and failure analysis by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, capability studies, recalls, and corrective actions (8D Process).
- Drive continuous improvement through innovative methods, such as Six Sigma and Design for Six Sigma, providing quality improvement expertise and leadership to other departments. Participate in Project Teams as SSMBB and SSGB Training as required.
- Review and approve new design releases based on prototype and pre-production First Article Inspection Reports, Process FMEA’s and approval of Process Step Quality Control Plans.
- Maintains and improves product quality by managing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to ensure customer expectations are always considered.
- BS degree in Engineering preferred, and/or equivalent experience.
- ASQ: CMQ/OE, CQE , SSBB OR CQA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and verbal skills required to interact effectively with all customers, employees and outside vendors, etc.
- Strong customer-service and solutions-oriented background.
- Proficient skills working with Microsoft Office, MiniTab or JMP.
- Position works in an office environment, sitting for long periods of time, working at a desk.
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of personal computer and operating of office equipment on daily basis.
- Light lifting, carrying of files, supplies, ability to move, carry, lift up to 30 lbs. of objects.
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person.
- Requires sufficient autonomy, standing and walking to move for one office location to another.
HCA reserves the right to change or revise functions and responsibilities as the need arises.
HCA is an “at-will” employer and this document is not a written or implied contract of guarantee of employment.
Send resume to: Hitachi Cable America Inc.
Fax#: (603) 634-4174
Mailing Address: 900 Holt Avenue, Manchester, NH 03109, Attn: Human Resources