Reports to: Logistics and EH&S Manager
Responsible for performing tasks related to the efficient flow of shipping products to external and internal customers. Provides support to the and production floor, including but not limited to moving and transporting raw materials and finished goods throughout the manufacturing facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for picking, packing, staging, and transporting products in facility for shipping
- Prepares shipments, wrapping and/ or packing the goods in shipping containers or on pallets
- Prepare shipping documents, such as bills of lading, mailing labels, label packages, and affixes mailing labels on cartons, reels, etc.
- Communicate with other departments in the company regarding the status and issues related to orders being processed by the Shipping Department
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures and rates
- Compares identifying information and counts and/or calculates the weight of skid(s), and/or other products to be shipped by on a scale shipment
- Verify shipping information is accurate and check against invoices, orders, or other records
- Ensures timely shipment of product to customer
- Maintain records of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Uses fork truck and/or forklift equipment to hoist, secure and transport materials and products from shipping platform and transport safely within facility safely
- Verify, count and condition for all material being received from suppliers
- Make a record of receipts using the AS400 information system
- Route and move shipments to the proper department and warehouse or stock section
- Handle and arrange for adjustments for merchandise that is lost or damaged
- Prepares shipments, wrapping and/ or packing the goods in shipping containers
- Prepare shipping documents, mailing labels, label packages.
- Look up and compute freight or postal rates, and record the weight and cost of each shipment
- Sorts packages, accepts deliveries, and distributes throughout facility
- Record items taken from inventory
- Uses fork truck and/or forklift equipment or other material handling equipment to secure and transport materials and products within facility safely and with weight evenly distributed
- Unload trucks at shipping and receiving docks as scheduled or instructed
- Calculate the weight of the skid by placing boxes on a scale
- Exchange information with production planners about orders and returns
- Interact with transport drivers regarding the loading and unloading of materials/products
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Participate in Inventory control assignments
- Subscribe to and practices 5S principles, JIT procedures, and Process Improvement process
- Adhere to and follow ISO guidelines
- Must work in a safe and healthy manner, following all safety rules and policies
- Work a full time shift schedule with regular attendance and ability to work overtime as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of material handling and packaging skills
- Skilled in operating electric sit down fork trucks, stand-up, hand or reach trucks and pallet jacks in a warehouse environment to move stock and reorganize storage
- Ability to operate vehicle equipment in tight and/or congested areas
- Ability to make adjustments for frequent interruptions and changing priorities caused by rush orders, production or shipping delays
- Aware of proper storage, product placement, and in-house stock
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision and as a team member
- Focus on customer service and quality
- Accurately performs multiple operational tasks assigned within the facility
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working in a shipper/receiver and/or material handler capacity
- Must distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test
- Good oral communication skills to exchange information with co-workers, supervisors and suppliers
- Basic math skills necessary
- Proficient reading and comprehension skills in English, to understand written information to successfully prepare packaging, labeling and meet other requirements, including state and federal regulations
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching and climbing ladders during entire shift
- Must be able to lift, carry, maneuver and move up to 50 lbs. of objects in the facility
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity
- Eye-hand coordination to handle, machinery, materials, parts and working with hand tools
- Regular attendance and ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
- The hours for this position are 10:00AM to 6:00PM.
The manufacturing plant is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. There are three shifts with typical hours of:
1st Shift 7AM - 3PM
2nd Shift 3PM -11PM
3rd Shift 11PM - 7AM
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.