Software Developer and System Engineer
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Reports to:Digital Transformation & IT Director
This position plays a key role in supporting the various computer software and technology systems utilized within HCA-NH to support the entire business. Responsibilities include the development and maintenance of in-house and third-party applications (typically web-based), to support digital transformation. Assistance with network connectivity and PC maintenance to support the IT Network Engineer.
- Design and develop new software functionality to support business.
- Design, develop, and maintain any supporting databases.
- Maintain, train, and support existing software.
- Provide technical support for the IT Network Engineer.
- Perform other projects when assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in web-based programming
- Proficient in SQL server database management and Transact-SQL.
- Comfortable using digital hardware and software utilizing security best practices.
- Ability to think critically to troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to follow complex instructions.
- Patience and ability to train staff on use of applications.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work without the need for close supervision. Ability to complete tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain and assure confidentiality of data.
- Experience with ERP business processes and system integration.
- Experience in wire and cable industry.
- Fundamental knowledge of basic networking and PC Administration concepts.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and customer service skills preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Position works in an office environment, sitting for long periods of time, working at a desk. Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of personal computer and operating of office equipment on daily basis.
- Light lifting, carrying of files, supplies, ability to move, carry, or lift up to 30 lbs of objects, materials. etc.
- Ability to speak and hear customers, vendors, and or other employees via phone or in person.
- Requires sufficient autonomy, standing and walking to move for one office location to another and within the plant facility.
HCA reserves the right to change or revise functions and responsibilities as the need arises. HCA is an “at-will” employer and this document is not a written or implied contract of guarantee of employment.
Send resume to: HITACHI CABLE AMERICA
Email: HR.NH@hca.hitachi-cable.com or apply in person
Fax#: (603) 634-4174
Mailing Address: 900 Holt Avenue, Manchester, NH 03109, Attn: Human Resources