A leading wire and cable manufacturer since 1986, Hitachi Cable America designs and produces a broad range of advanced copper and fiber optic-based communication cable for clients in aerospace, medical, supercomputing, high-speed data, oil & gas exploration and the 5G wireless revolution.
Candidates with wire and cable manufacturing experience are preferred, but applicants with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply!
Division: Performance Cables
Classification: hourly, non-exempt
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
The Training Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all training activities for the HCA employees with a priority focus on production processes and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitates all training needs for HCA employees, identifying trainers, trainees, and media to be used (i.e. QMS System, Work Instructions, SOPs, PowerPoints, videos etc).
- Provides all Quality new hire training and yearly Quality System training as needed.
- Support HCA product line with training as needed.
- Creates reviews and revises SOPs, Work Instructions and Forms as appropriate.
- Manages the Document Control process utilizing QMS System, for HCA product line and Quality Management System; support HCA product line if needed.
- Maintains document tracking of change request notifications and training requirements associated with change requests in compliance with the applicable pre-determined training plan.
- Updates the training platform when training is completed.
- Coordinates all additional training requirements with Departmental Managers including organizing and maintaining training content files.
- Facilitates Training Continuous Improvement Meetings.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures
- Obey all safety rules, use caution in work activities, and continuously practice safe behaviors.
- Immediately report unsafe conditions/behaviors and work-related injuries to site supervision.
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some of the work will require exposure to loud noises or fumes in the manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- Five (5) years' experience working in an ISO certified facility, 13485:2016 preferred.
- PC literate with working knowledge of MS Office Suite
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with technical degree and / or advanced degree
- Must have work related experience and demonstrated progression in both responsibility and leadership of a Training Department
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Hitachi Cable America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. As a Federal Contractor, we encourage priority referral of protected veterans under VEVRAA.