Indoor/Outdoor Fiber Optic Composite Cables
Power+™composite indoor/outdoor cables are the solution for applications where remote power and network connectivity are required and distance may be a factor. Power+ composite cables utilize fiber optic strands to provide the link to the network and a pair of stranded copper conductors to deliver power. The different constructions of Power+ composite cables address the variety of applications on the market. Power+ composite cables are ideal for long distance PTZ camera installations, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), and Passive Optical Networks (PON). Power+ composite cables are available with a plenum rating (OFCP) which makes them suitable for a wide variety of environments.
Indoor/Outdoor Fiber Optic Composite Cable
- Choice of separate power conductors eliminates concerns associated with heat generation and length derating calculations as required by TIA 568 and NEC.
- Each 900µm buffered fiber resides in a 2mm subunit for easy termination to LC, SC connectors and more.
- Dry, super absorbent polymers (SAPs) eliminate water migration in cable interstices.
- Suitable for lashed aerial, duct underground conduit and indoor plenum applications.
- All multimode and singlemode cables (except OM1) utilize bend-insensitive optical fibers.
Designed for Long Distance Power over Ethernet (PoE) Applications
- High noise areas and extended distance
- Security CCTV Cameras
- Wireless Access Points
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- Passive Optical Networks (PON)
- Ideal for all remote powered applications
Maximum Distances for Powered Devices Over 1 Pair of Copper
The Internet of Things (IoT) movement has seen more and more electronic devices connected to an enterprise network or directly to the internet. The devices, such as sensors, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras or Wireless Access Points (WAPS) not only require a link to the internet or a network, but power as well. These devices generally get their power from copper Ethernet cables, such as Category 6 or Category 6A cables. This power is delivered via Power over Ethernet (PoE) electronics that can deliver power (DC) and transmit and receive Ethernet data packs. For these PoE powered devices, industry standards, such as IEEE 802.3at and ANSI/TIA-568-C, limit the distance between the Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) and the Powered Device (PD) to less than 100 meters. These devices can be located a significant distance from a power source and the network electronics. In these cases, optical fibers and an AC power near the device has been a solution. This is often the case for CCTV locations. However, as cable manufacturing technology evolves, so have the cable designs that are now available. Hitachi’s Power+ Composite cables utilize optical fibers and a pair of copper conductors to carry signal and power between the power sourcing equipment and the powered device. The optical fibers can be singlemode or multimode and a pair of copper conductors are available between 12 and 22 AWG. The chart below can be used to determine how far a specific load (watts) can be carried to support a powered device. It is necessary to know how much power your PSE provides and how much power your PD requires.
Cable Design Allows Easy Termination and Wide Use
- UL Listed OFCP for use in plenum spaces
- OSP rating permits use in outdoor and wet environments
- Small outside diameters assist in installation
- Tight buffered (900 micron) optical fibers reside inside individual aramid yarn filled subunits
- Compatible with all LC and SC fiber optic connectors
- Fiber optic glass options include OM1, OM2, OM3, OM4, OM5 & OS2
- Mitigates temperature rise associated with cable bundles
|Overall Jacket||Flame-Retardant Thermoplastic|