EXCERON® - Low Friction Cross-Linked / Irradiated PTFE
Hitachi Cable developed a unique irradiation technology to cross-link Polytetrafluoethylene (PTFE), an element consisting of fluorine and carbon elements, to create a material new to the market, EXCERON®. PTFE is chemically stable and generally not cross-linked by chemical method. Hitachi was able to cross-link PTFE to create EXCERON®, a product that is suitable for many industries. PTFE is widely used in various markets, including but not limited to electric cables, semiconductors, pharmaceutical, food, and clothing.
Features of EXCERON®
- Abrasion resistance is more than 1,000 times improved from PTFE.
- Minimum damage to the material rubbed against – even when it is plastic or soft metal such as aluminum.
- Better creep resistance than PTFE in both high and room temperature.
- Springy characteristic that PTFE does not have.
- Processing can be performed like PTFE - cut, paste, fusion, etc.