Drybit Category 6 Indoor-Outdoor Cable
Conduit that originates indoors but passes through or under a concrete slab is often subject to water infiltration. National Electric Code (NEC) 2017 Edition, Article 100 and the BICSI Telecommunication Distribution Methods Manual (TDMM) define these environments as wet locations since the slab and the associated conduit are subject to saturation by water. Standard plenum or riser rated cables can’t be used in these situations since water will have a catastrophic effect on both their electrical and physical performance. The typical solution has been to use outdoor cable in the conduit and then transition to the appropriately rated cable type once indoors. Drybit™ Category 6 cable from Hitachi Cable America eliminates the time and cost associated with transitioning from outdoor cable to indoor-rated cable.
- REACH & RoHS compliant.
- Made in USA.
- Guaranteed minimum performance.
- Tested from 1 to 555 MHz.
- UL Verified Category 6.
- UL Verified (B627696) for long term water submersion.
- UL Listed for use in plenum areas.
- UV resistant jacket.
- Specifically designed for below-grade conduit or other environments where water is likely to infiltrate.
- No-gel construction simplifies termination.
- Drybit Barrier ensures optimum electrical performance even in harsh environments.
- Supports up to 100 watts of power.
- Available in both UTP and FUTP.
- Standard jacket color is black.
- Custom colors available.
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet (IEEE 802.3bz)
- 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet (IEEE 802.3bz)
- Gigabit Ethernet (IEEE 802.3ab)
- 100 Mbps Ethernet (IEEE 802.3u)
- 1000 Mbps ATM
- 622 Mbps ATM
- 15W PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- 30W PoE+ (IEEE 802.3at)
- 60W PoE++ (IEEE 802.3bt Type 3)
- 100W PoE++ (IEEE 802.3bt Type 4)
- During installation, take precautions to ensure any water present in pathways does not enter the open end of the cable. Water infiltration via the open ends of the cable will negatively impact cable performance and void and applicable product warranty.
- To ensure safe operation, install cables according to all applicable local and national electrical codes.